Child Health - When Should I Worry?
Having an ill child can be a very scary experience for parents. If you understand more about the illness it can help you to feel more in control.
Please click on the link below to access an information booklet about common infections in children.
The HANDi App offers simple and straightforward advice for parents on what to do and who to contact when a child is unwell. It is available for android and iphones. It was originally devised by paediatricians and primary care in Taunton but has been adapted for use in the Bristol area
It includes information on six common childhood illnesses:
- Diarrhoea and vomiting
- High temperature
- Chesty baby (Bronchiolitis)
- Chesty child (Wheeze and Asthma)
- Abdominal pain
- Common newborn problem The Expert Self Care student app devised by two Bristol GPs covers over 125 topics including:
- Emergencies – learning the truth about life-threatening illnesses and how to give first aid
- General ill health – tackling sleep problems, feeling stressed, and constant tiredness
- Mental Health – finding out what to do when feeling low or anxious, self-harming or worried about drinking too much alcohol
- Common ailments and physical symptoms – getting to the bottom of headaches, finding out how to treat spots, and managing common aches and pains
- Love, sex and relationships – learning about contraception, health relationships and spotting abuse
- Alcohol & Drugs – dealing with substances misuse and addictions
- Healthy living – appreciating the importance of a healthy diet and moving our bodies
- Travel and fun – how to prepare for travelling abroad and stay safe
- Long-term conditions – living with diabetes, asthma and epilepsy and coping with variations in ability
- Safety – staying safe on campus, enjoying nights out, and being travel-smart
- Navigating health services – what to do next and when to see a pharmacist, nurse or doctor
Parent's Guide Leaflets
PleaParents guide to Diarrohea and Vomiting.pdfse click on the links below for a Parent's Guide Leaflet for a number of common conditions.